Tuesday, September 27, 2016

God (S.T.E.AL)

The past days, I learned that there are different versions of the bible and each versions comes a different impression of God.
In the Old Testament Class materials, it showed us that God could be cruel and extremely terrifying when we are sinful. 
For example, in one quote in the Genesis chapter 16: verse 13 said, "I have determined to make an end for all flesh" He sounds as if he angry and very powerful.
But, in the NIV, on the same Genesis chapter and verse it says, "I am going to put an end to all people, for the earth is filled with violence because of them. I am surely going to destroy both them and the earth." Yes, they both show that he is powerful. However, on this version, God seems more reasonable and calmer than the first example. From this, I learned rewording a verse could change how God may seem.  

No comments:

Post a Comment